Thursday, July 29, 2010

Fotographia.




This was my first assignment for photography. The quality isn't as good because I had to move them around a lot. The actual assignment was to take pictures of "textures" but when he actually explained it more I came to believe he actually just wanted a cohesive series of pictures. I dont know. He is hard to understand sometimes, but he liked mine so thats all that matters, ha.
I did comprhend that it was supposed to be a cohesive series of pictures that somehow signified your time here in florence, so I photographed my things in my apartment here. I guess the symbolism comes in through the contrast that only I see, through the familiarity of my things, in an unfamiliar and new place, like my apartment here.
Please ignore the random way the pictures are displayed, I could not get this webpage to work for me. Also, I couldnt get my favorite one of my shoes to upload :( So the series is incomplete, but at least you get the gist.
This weekend we are heading to the Amalfi Coast :) I CAN NOT WAIT. We are staying in sorrento, capri and pompei, then heading back to Florence sunday night. I cant believe this is already my last weekend in the program. I have one more week of classes, then Im off to Rome on my own, then back to the ole US of A.

No comments:

Post a Comment